Kenya Bus Service Management Ltd is a Transport Management Company in Kenya that was established in 2006 from the ashes of the former Kenya Bus Services Ltd.We offer public transport services through a bus Franchising and Commercialization Model.However, we do not own buses.
We operate within Nairobi Central Business District and its environs. Using the model, we have revolutionized and re-defined the management of public transport services in a Para transit dominated County which offers no subsidy. Our Model offers the better solution to the otherwise chaotic transport systems in African Cities. With over 250 buses (whose asset value is close to Kshs. 1 billion) owned by over 150 investors, we offer commuter, staff transport, private hires and transit advertising.
Today, we are the most visible and well organized bus company in Nairobi. Monthly, we carry 2.4 million passengers, operate 0.7million kilometers and provide employment to 1,050 people. Going forward, the company will leverage on technology, especially in regard to Automatic Fare Collection (AFC), to gainthe competitive edge.
We franchise buses from companies, institutions, cooperatives, schools and individual investors. Through the Franchising Model we bring Para- transit (Matatu) operators together to form a homogeneous group called Kenya Bus Service Management Limited (KBSM) that offers:-
- Commuter services to the residents of Nairobi and its environs
- Private Hire services to all destinations in Kenya and beyond at very competitive rates
- Staff Transport to various organizations in Nairobi at large
- School Transport to various institutions of learning within Nairobi and its environs
- Airport Transfers, Wedding Party Hires and Excursions
- Transit Advertising Sites to blue chip companies in Kenya