The Franchise Concept
A franchisee is a contract or agreement, either expressed or implied, whether oral or written, between two or more persons by which:-
- • A franchisee is granted the right to engage in the business of offering, selling or distributing goods or services under a marketing plan or system prescribed in substantial part by the franchisor.
- • The operation of the franchisee's business pursuant to such plan or system is substantially associated with the franchisor's trademark, service mark, trade name, logotype, advertising or other commercial symbol designating the franchisor or affiliate.
How to join KBSM Franchising
- This is a Business to Business relationship therefore individuals wishing to will be allowed to join on condition that they will transfer their vehicles into Limited Liability Companies.
• To join, a director or an individual makes a written application to the Managing Director stating interest to join and committing to adhere to rules governing the franchise arrangement. She/he is then asked to visit the Head Office to be familiarized with the basic Franchise requirements and to show proof of Bus ownership or intention to own one.
- • On successful proof of ownership of a bus or intention to purchase, an intending Franchisee is invited to meet the Managing Director who examines the benefits derived from franchising with us, challenges in transport industry and illustrates the opportunities lying ahead.
- • She /he is also introduced to tenets in the Franchise Agreement and its duration. Provision of crew by Franchisee is emphasized as staffs working in a franchise arrangement remain the responsibility of the vehicle owner (Franchisee). However Kenya Bus Service Management Ltd will only act as an agent of the vehicle owner.
- • The intending Franchisee is then given a Letter of Acceptance into the Franchise in Principal and a form to go fill and return having attached all items listed on a check list.
- • On successful completion of the forms, she/he is asked to pay an Initial Fee of Kshs. 60,000 and a refundable non interest earning deposit of Kshs. 17,500. Upon which she/he is asked to sign an MOU prior to signing the Franchisee Agreement. He is issued with and Account number and vehicles are allocated Fleet Numbers.
- • Thereafter a franchise must visit our depot at Kawangware to familiarize with our Management Team and procedures.
Franchisee must familiarize with and sign Franchise rules ……